Monday, May 18, 2009

Gardening in Zone 9a

Lake Conroe, Texas is about 50 miles north of central Houston, as the crow flies. It's probably listed as being in USDA Zone 8b, but the moderating influence of the lake, which is about 100 yards from my house, keeps temperatures from dropping below freezing very often. In fact, it has been about four years since we even had a frost that nipped the most fragile plants.

Anyway, rather than clutter up my other blog with gardening material, this will be a place dedicated to observations, comments, pictures and general discussion of what's happening with the plants in my neighborhood, especially on my small parcel of land around my home.

Hope you enjoy it. Comments, contributions and questions are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog. I like it alot and will look forward to following it. :-)

    ReplyDelete